Where To See Female Street Artists In The Boston Area. The street art and graffiti scene here in Boston has historically been male dominated. But as public art becomes more widespread, organizations are working hard to highlight female artists. Al Wilson, founder and executive director of the Beyond Walls festival in Lynn tells Exhale, “Because the genre skews so male, we really wanted to have a 50/50 split on our artist ration.”
Header photo for ART OUTDOORS is “The Housatonic” by Rick and Laura Brown, Contemporary Sculpture at Chesterwood, MA, 2013.
writer, educator, museum volunteer; My camera and I are reflected in the blue globe within the sculpture installation,"The Sky is the Limit" by Geoff Nelson. From slideshow in post: HISTORIC AND CURRENT ART AT CHESTERWOOD
- See Six Sculptures by Melvin Edwards in Different Seasons at deCordova before they Leave this Spring!! February 3, 2023
- Meet “The Embrace” Sculpture by Hank Willis Thomas on Boston Common, January 2023 January 19, 2023
- See Many Sides of Murals by Adam O’Day, Julia Roth and Cedric Douglas in Kendall Square January 9, 2023
- Who Restores the Art Outdoors? Clues in Cambridge Examples: William Reimann’s Bollards and Bland Hoke’s “Artesian Well” December 16, 2022
- Continuing to be amazed December 15, 2022